Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cooper...got to love him


We went last week to get Cooper's kindergarten physical done...what an ordeal! He did fine until the doctor told him the nurse was going to come in and give him the shots that would let him go to school; that's when the water works started. I felt really bad for him becuase I could tell he was really scared. We had tried to prepare him for the shots but nothing gets you ready for the real thing. As soon as the nurse walked in with the 4 shots he was to get it was on! Heath had to hold his arms and his face so he couldn't see when the shot came his way. I had to try and hold his legs down while keeping Carson out of the middle of it;trying to grab the shots! Cooper was screaming so loud and the viens were popping out of his head;face so red...you thought we were ambutating his leg! Finally when all the shots were done the nurse left; giving Cooper 4 very cool bandaids...then the shocker...Cooper was so mad that we let the nurse do that and that we held him still for it he said between sobs. "I hate this! I don't want to live with you anymore!" Famous words from my Coop; any time he gets mad at me that is generally what he says but this time I think he meant it; that is until we went and got him a prize for doing so good considering. (Shots are scarey!) When we came out of the room Heath was holding Cooper and there was a mom in the waiting room with her hand over her mouth and a true look or horror on her face!! PRICELESS!! I told the receptionist that the kids that were there at that time were going to come out running and never go to the doctor again. Fun times!! Love you Cooper!!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! You are mean parents, just kidding! I know how shots are. I have to get Parker up to par with his so he can go to Pre-K next year. You are great parents!

Jess and Jen said...

Again, how did I get so far behind on your blog? Yikes for shots! Kaden does better when I don't tell him! I'm kind of mean. As for Carson, every child does face plants and has the scars to prove it. Hopefully he still rides his bike! Loved your Easter eyes!

Tami said...

Brayden overheard you telling me the shot story after school one day. Later that day I heard him and Nick talking.

Brayden: Dad I decided I don't want to turn five anymore.
Nick: Why is that bud?
Brayden: Because I have to get 4 shots and I will probably scream like Cooper.

So funny!!

Travis and Cheri said...

At least you didnt pull out the...if you dont stop crying I will give you something to cry about.

M-n-M said...

Hey Hot Woman -

I am so excited to start work so I can see you again, I will be starting in July so then it will be lunches together everyday. Coop is just so handsome.

lexie said...

Cute boys! So I emailed you the wrong website for my blog! It is www.sautterstories.blogspot.com!